Re: [pc110] [PC110] Network card with harddrive?

Fringe Ryder (fringe nospam at aries.ai.net)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:41:13 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for the information. However, that begs an important part of
the question...

CAN you use the network with a PCMCIA hard drive in the other slot?
(Or a FLASH ATA card.)

The reason I ask is this:

The PC110 has an interesting level of BIOS support for the PCMCIA slots.
If you are using an ATA card as a BIOS device in one slot, you are very
constrained as to what will run on the other slot. If you load the
full PCMCIA drivers, you lose BIOS ATA support, which can be
problematic if the card was a boot device.

Please tell me this set-up works with a boot non-Compact card.