[pc110] Re: BreezeNet card on PC110

Tomas Olaj (tomaso nospam at mimer.sleipner.hiof.no)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:34:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Tomas Olaj wrote to Mr. Olaj this e-mail message:

> Hi,
>
> Someone who has managed to get a BreezeNet card and the netwave_cs
> pcmcia modul to work on a PC110?
>
> In /etc/pcmcia/config
>
> card "BreezeNET PC-Card"
> manfid 0x0a02, 0x0102
> bind "netwave_cs"
>
> But when I start the PCMCIA service the Linux system is totally frozen. If
> I take the radio-card out of the PC110 the system starts working again.
> And all I get is a friendly beep with no error messages in the log.
>
> Tomas Olaj, e-mail: <tomas.olaj nospam at hiof.no>
> Computer Engineer - Østfold College, School of Computer Sciences
> Os Allee 11, N-1757 HALDEN, Phone: +4769215361, Fax: +4769215302

Talking a closer look, I found out that I have a SA-PCR Wireless LAN
Adapter ... AND not a Breezenet SA-PX, thus I don´t think my card is
supported yet under Linux.

>From the PCMCIA 3.3.1 Supported cards:

Wireless network adapters:

[netwave_cs driver] [x86]
Breezenet SA-PX
Xircom CreditCard Netwave

Hmm... so there are allready some Norwegian hackers maintaining the driver
source. :) Hva er status?