Re: [pc110] Compact flash problems

Jon McClintock (jammer nospam at weak.org)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:32:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Adam Lambert wrote:

> I am seeing this with *only one* extra card installed - a 48M cflash.
> I do not have a hdc. In fact, I tried via EasySetup to configure the
> first boot device to be the 2nd hd (48m cflash) - ie, my boot order
> is just floppy1->hd2

I recall doing this in the BIOS on my machine... It seemed to work.

> so, hda is the internal 4mb cflash, and hdb is a 48m cflash in the
> cflash slot.

Yes.

> This should then not be a conflict like discussed with a pcmcia flash
> and the 2nd cflash... can anyone help me out? I've been using this
> configuration under OS/2 for quite some time, and wanted to try slackware
> here.

Actuallly, it is... The Linux SanDisk driver will only recognize the first
one it sees. You will have to apply the changes described elsewhere to the
driver code and roll another kernel.

You will also have to specify the disk geometry at boot time. AFAIK, you
can still get this from SanDisk's website.

-Jon