Re: [pc110] Has anyone had problems with using the PCMCIA sockets for the PC110?

Oscar M. Siguenza (osiguenz nospam at fmi.fujitsu.com)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:57:44 -0800

Hi Alan,

I have been looking at this some more. So far I have been able to
get around this problem twice using the following sequence:

umount /dev/hde2
sync
hdparm -f /dev/hde

** pop it out **
** pop into the new laptop **

mount -t ext2 /dev/hde2 /mnt

** do stuff to update /mnt **

umount /dev/hde2
sync
sync
hdparm -f /dev/hde

** pop it out **
** pop into pc110 **

mount -t ext2 /dev/hde2 /mnt

I read up on hdparm, I believe the -f option flushes the buffers for
that disk. So I think what you thought it might was correct.

Hope this info helps.

Oscar S.

--
/* Oscar M. Siguenza, Director of Methodology & Applications         */