Re: [pc110] NEW LINUX INSTALL ON 20MB PC110

Josh (jg nospam at thegrid.net)
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 22:34:15 -0800

Well when I go thru the RH 4.2 install process, even if I select no package sto install the smallest it seems is around 89MB...
I know I must be doing something worng...
I did select at one point the "select individual packges" option & didn't know what the hell I should pick...

All I want is base LINUX with hopefully a basic X-windows...

I have 100MB to play with.

20MB ram unit.

Also, if I am not mistaken doesnt the disk order go something like this...
hda1 is FLASH ROM
hdb1 is The CF slot on th eirght hand side of the unit
hdc is my Type III 260MB drive, which is chopped in 3 pieces as follows.... hdc1=100MB for WIN95, hdc2=10MB Swap Partition for
LINUX & hdc3=90MB for Linux Filesystem....

Any reccomendations?

More details... My 4MB flash ROM is bootable when I remove the Type III drive, this gives me basic PC DOS, ProComm & a Alpha paging program.... I am willing to scrap that & give it to LINUX/LILO if that will make it work better...

I am using System Commander to select between OS's, so really, I do not even need LILO, but I don't know how to NOT install it...
Am I making sense???

(Hell, if I could get a good PIM & find a way to administer my NT servers from X-windows, I would scrap 95 altogether)...

Forgive me for not being a master at Linux.....

jg nospam at thegrid.net

*********** REPLY PARTITION ***********