Re: [pc110] Music on the PC110

Jerod E. Tufte (tufte nospam at cig.mot.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:40:26 -0500

I'm running Debian 2.0+ devel-release-of-the-day on mine, with a
kernel and e2fstools patched with the stuff found at
http://www.netspace.net.au/~reiter/e2compr/. I can run a small system
on my 4 and 15meg cflash disks and a really passable system on the
hard drive. the e2compr patches are, you guessed it, compression
patches for ext2fs. you set an attribute on the file to flag it for
compression, it's pretty cool, although you do notice the hit on
bringing up larger apps. Check it out...

Jerod

--
Jerod E Tufte                                        Who is John Galt?
GEEK CODE BLOCK:  GEd- s-: a23 C++++ UL+++ P+++ L+++ E--- W++ N+++ w--