Re: [pc110] lilo - problems

Tomas Olaj (tomaso nospam at mimer.sleipner.hiof.no)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:50:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote to Mr. Olaj this e-mail message:

> > I must be very stupid:
>
> Umm with the LILO stuff no. The PC110 is a minor nightmare to get right
>
> > the lilo to work on the PC110. Everytime it yields a lot of "04" numbers
> > all over the screen. It cannot find the bootloader on /dev/hda.
>
> The LILO documentation actually tells you what each of those values means
>
> Is your bios setup to boot hda before hdc ?

It must be the BIOS, sorry, I´ve forgot to take out the PCMCIA card. It
tried to boot from /dev/hdc and not /dev/hda (internal flash). Well, :)
the bios now comes up with an error, and I´m currently running the test
program now.

I like Linux a lot now. I will start learning Linux programming very soon,
(a lot of nice "Linux programming books" have arrived the marked now.
The best thing about my job is 100% time to explore Linux (I´ve started
one year ago with Linux administration and quit new to it too, but it´s
simple (eh?) and doing my M.Sc. degree besides it. :) Gotta have Linux
everywhere (sorry I meant GNU/Linux).

Tomas Olaj, e-mail: <tomas.olaj nospam at hiof.no>
Computer Engineer - Østfold College, School of Computer Sciences
Os Allee 11, N-1757 HALDEN, Phone: +4769215361, Fax: +4769215302