Re: [pc110] Compact flash problems

Adam Lambert (adam nospam at scl.cwru.edu)
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:56:39 -0400

I am seeing this with *only one* extra card installed - a 48M cflash.
I do not have a hdc. In fact, I tried via EasySetup to configure the
first boot device to be the 2nd hd (48m cflash) - ie, my boot order
is just floppy1->hd2

so, hda is the internal 4mb cflash, and hdb is a 48m cflash in the
cflash slot.

This should then not be a conflict like discussed with a pcmcia flash
and the 2nd cflash... can anyone help me out? I've been using this
configuration under OS/2 for quite some time, and wanted to try slackware
here.

i get:

hdb: status timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
ide0: reset time-out, status 0xff
hdb: status timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:40 (hdb), sector 0

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.
adam