Re: [pc110] Experiences with RedHat 6 on PC110

Vaughan Pratt (pratt nospam at cs.stanford.edu)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:58:59 -0700

>As for RedHat 6, well it sure is larger than 5.2 or earlier. I'd
>originally hoped to install directly onto a 48MB flash but even with no
>options at all, RH6 wanted around 120 MB to install. Much of it seems to
>be related to the new cool GUI configuration tools.

As a question to the group, do there exist *any* ongoing-current
distributions whose install lets you customize for small targets such as
a 48MB flash or even the 16MB flash of a DIMM-PC? (By current I mean
recent kernel, libc, and security fixes, and by ongoing-current I mean
actively maintained in that state.)

Vaughan Pratt