Re: [pc110] Installing from parallel Zip drive

Ed Porter (Ed.Porter nospam at genedata.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:18:29 +0200

Alan Cox wrote:
> For reference I've
> got a fairly full dist on a 340Mb drive, and a very cut down dist on a
> 150Mb. I keep meaning to try putting mulinux on the internal flash

I've got a moderately useful system with gcc etc. (no X) on the internal flash
and a 40Mb cf disk, leaving me 2 free slots. The battery lasts for well over
two hours without the disk running, too.

I've never managed to get the floppy to mount properly though - it either
doesn't work at all, or it just reads the first couple of blocks from a file
then moans about reading past the end of the device.

-ed
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is
probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.