[pc110] InfoLithium clone purchase

T. Alexander Popiel (popiel nospam at snugharbor.com)
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 20:56:36 -0800

Well, it's been a quiet week. After a couple people
the first day, I haven't heard from anymore folks
interested in the InfoLithium clone batteries.
Currently, 13 of the batteries are accounted for;
if the number doesn't rise to 25 by next Monday,
I'm going to abandon the deal.

Unit price is US$40 for a 7.2V 1500mAh Li-ion battery
(clone of the Sony NP-F550). This _does_ include the
third contact and microchip stuff, but their clone of
the microchip is imperfect and occasionally doesn't
reinterface with camcorders when the battery is
disconnected/reconnected.

Their terms do not include shipping; this is fixable,
since I can drive over to their manufacturing plant
when the stuff is ready, then send it out to the
individual buyers via FedEx or UPS (prolly about US$5
per destination). They also want a single payment,
so money will have to filter though me, unfortunately.

If you're interested in being part of the group purchase,
send me mail! If you have suggestions on how to handle
the money/shipping stuff, I'm all ears.

- Alex