Re: [pc110] Can't get PC110 to boot from floppy to begin install

Matthew Hershenson (mjh nospam at spies.com)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:40:11 -0800 (PST)

I tested the Linux Boot floppy in another PC, this time a K6
and it booted fine as well. I also made a bootable disk on the PC110,
using "FORMAT /S A:" under MS-DOS and the PC110 wouldn't boot off it,
but my K6 PC would. I tried running the Test from the "Easy-Setup"
[restart with F1 depressed] and the FDD-1 icon is grayed out. Is this
normal? Maybe this is a sign that the PC110 isn't happy with the
floppy. However, it can read and write floppies from Win95.
If I want to bypass the floppy altogether, is there a way
I can boot of the internal flash drive? Could I copy the linux boot
and support floppy images to that and boot from it?

Thanks again for the help,
Matt