Re: [pc110] compact flash with linux

Fringe Ryder (fringe nospam at fringeweb.com)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 20:23:32 -0700

I used slackware, not redhat, but my insights are...

1) Getting Linux to recognize two compact-Flash cards was just a matter of
correcting io.c and recompiling. (I believe that was the file.) I don't
remember what line, and I'm under NT at the moment, but I can look through
the source code if you care that much.

2) I have xfree 3.3.1 working just fine. I didn't even have to change any
source code or recompile, which was a pleasant change after my battles with
the kernel. (The PC110 was my first-ever Linux experience, and it wasn't
so easy.)

3) The 4MB internal flash is not removable. I haven't heard of anybody
replacing it. It is probably soldered on.

Regards