Re: [pc110] Redhat 5.1 smooth install

Jon McClintock (jammer nospam at idiom.com)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Josh wrote:

> OK, been there, done that... Call me stupid, but I still can't get it to work.
> At this point it is at the 040404, know what it means, but how does one fix
> it? Re-install? or boot w/ LINUX boot disk & transfer LILO over?
> Sorry, but I am just not a LINUX expert.

Sorry about that. It's just frustrating to see the same (or very similar)
questions once a week.

It would help if you could give us more information. Is this a dual boot
system (Linux and/or DOS, Win, etc)?

Have you specified the parameters for the hard disk in a boot option?
I.e., when you start up the system, press shift at the Lilo prompt and
enter:

linux hdc=xxx,xx,xxx

What does your /etc/lilo.conf look like? I'll try and post mine tonight
when I get home. I can also give some more information that'll help you.

-Jon