Re: [pc110] XFree86

Jeff Miller (jmiller nospam at tellcity.net)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 06:23:22 -0500 (EST)

I guess I should explain...

I seem to have a sync rate problem with the SVGA server 3.2.x and 3.3.x.
I get various degrees of scrambled screen when I startx.

With the AccelX...(which I think I had working at one point) I get very
serious scramble and I loose the console as well after shutdown (requires
reboot to see again)

With MetroX...I couldn't even get it to start (I configured several times
and tweaked the settings) 'Couldn't open socket' or something like that.
The config session (under X) looked good from configX.

So... I copied the configX template file (Xmetro.config) to the
/etc/X11/Xmetroconfig And it now runs in 16 color VGA.

At least it's an improvement. I'm still looking for XFree86-3.1.2 in rpm
format. This seems to be the quickest answer.

Thanks to everyone for the input

J_