Re: [pc110] LILO probs on PCMCIA HDD.

Fringe Ryder (fringe nospam at fringeweb.com)
Thu, 21 May 1998 19:59:47 -0700

I had to use LoadLin for my PCMCIA drive on a PC110, because LILO can't
boot off of the second hard-disk controller. That's a documented
limitation of LILO. LoadLin isn't a problem though; just set up a small
DOS partition and boot to that. You can run LoadLin in your AUTOEXEC.BAT
if you want, and this gives you a partition that Windows can write to.

At 03:16 PM 5/21/98 -0700, Josh wrote:
>Do you know how to get LILO to boot from the 260MB Type III drive???
>I cant get past L 04040404040404040404040404...........
>I am using the 4MB ROM as Swap Space & have 40MB of the 260 MB Type III
allocated for LINUX, the other 208 is for WIN95/DOS.