[pc110] Re: PCMCIA BOOT DRIVE/WIN95/LINUX/PCDOS PROBLEMS!!!

Adam Lambert (adam nospam at scl.cwru.edu)
Wed, 04 Mar 98 19:54:01 -0400

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 16:23:31 -0800, Josh wrote:
So questions...

>What is the best way to config my Boot Sequence in BIOS?
>How do i get LINUX to boot from LILO after installing WIN95 (which boots via System
Commander)...

In BIOS: FDD-1, PCMCIA, HDD-1

(I've never used system commander, however, I will assume it is
similiar to IBM BootManager, which I do use - if it isn't, just
ignore this)

After installing Win95, go into fdisk, choose the system-commander
partition, and set it "active."

In order to use Linux, you will have needed to install LILO on the
Linux root partition (*not* the MBR)

Should work, let me know!

-adam