Re: [pc110] Re: [PC110] A word of advice/warning

Josh (jg nospam at thegrid.net)
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 15:06:29 +0000

Well, I would imagine it is something along that line... I used to service Portable Phones & 2-way Radios and am not timid about electronics & could probably fix it, problem is... I have no service manual or clue as to what goes to what in this little bugger.
I did take it apart last night for the first time though (amazing inside!)... I am just going to send it in for repair & maybe be a little more ingenious on how I power my peripherals from now on...
Again, although not %100 for certain, from what I have been told, powering a device from the PS2 port is NOT recommended on the PC110.. This may work fine on other laptops (does on my ThinkPad), but it seems the load the PC110 can handle via the PS2 port is not very high...
I was powering a Xircom Ethernet adapter from the PS2 port on the Docking Bay, it worked fine for a while, then the other night out of the blue, boom.... No more Keyboard on coming out of Suspend, No operation while in Docking bay, No operation while PS2 Adapter cable is plugged into PC110 unit...

I am sad...

*********** REPLY PARTITION ***********