Re: [pc110] WIN95/SYSTEM COMMANDER & LINUX...

Adam M. Lambert (adam nospam at scl.cwru.edu)
Fri, 12 Dec 97 15:11:32 -0400

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:14:39 +0000, josh wrote:

>I knnow this may sound outrageous.... But, I just got my PC110 yesterday
>& have already wiped the included 260MB HDD, I am wondering if it is
>possible to run dual OS's on the 260MB HDD (or bigger HDD, I may get a
>540MB), I already am running WIN95/DOS, but was curious if anyone has
>had success with running LINUX at the same time using a OS loader like
>System Commander alog with WIN95, then what can I do with the 4MB flash
>ROM?
>Can that be changed in any way, like can I load Sytem Commander on the
>Flash ROM (D:\drive)?
>Still feeling my way around...

I use OS2's boot manager (now included in Partition Magic 3.0) for
multiboot capabilities... the only thing you need to be aware of
is that some OS's use BIOS and some don't for drive IO. Plus,
some use it until they load their IDE drivers... the PC110's BIOS
will swap drive order depending on your settings and it's POST scan
of devices... it is possible, then, for the drive ordering to change
mid-boot on some OS's. Atleast, this has been my experience.

-adam